Monday, October 10, 2011

Tulle Halloween wreath

Here's one of the projects I've been working on. The idea came from here.  I ended up using tulle by the yard because it was on sale last week for about $1/yd (I ended up using the shiny tulle).  For the record, I greatly preferred the tulle from Hobby Lobby over that at JoAnn.  Unfortunately I didn't know how much tulle to get as the directions indicated rolls, so I ended up having to make three more trips to the store.  I think in the end I used about two yards of orange and six yards of black.  The wreath cost about $10 to make and would have been complete in an evening if I didn't have to keep pausing for more tulle. :)

Oh, and here's a handy tutorial on cutting tulle.

Clearly I'm a little wreath obsessed at the moment. I have another waiting in the wings to tell you about, it's just waiting for a finishing touch.

No comments: