Yesterday I was able to finally cut the fabric for the sew along. Well, most of it anyway. I decided on these fabrics:
The red is the main fabric, the leaves will be the stars and the stripes are for the back. Seriously worried about using a stripe pattern, but we'll see how it goes. Worst case, it can be well hidden. :)
I have some squares pinned and will (hopefully) start sewing today. I need to have all the blocks done for the next assignment on Friday. I can't afford to get behind with Lauren's birthday celebrations this weekend and all the costume stuff I'm still working on.
Oh, and I learned the hard way why you shouldn't open your rotary cutter until the moment you need it. Ouch.