Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Crafty Summer - Days 6 and 7 - Adventure Time Chibis

This is going to be one of those insanely busy weeks I mentioned.  I will probably not get any work done on Friday and I was too busy yesterday to post what I had been working on (but I did indeed work on something!).

Everyone in this house is a fan of Adventure Time.  It's not for everyone, but we find it absolutely hilarious.  As most of you already know, I made Adventure Time costumes for the kids last Halloween and so I decided my next clay project would be making chibis based on some of the characters.  I love the Finn one so much that as soon as I'm done with him I'll be throwing him on my keychain. I'm not as much of a fan of Princess Bubblegum's chibi but her hair is hard to keep straight with clay.  Well, I should say it's hard for ME to keep straight.  Her crown had originally stood up but mean old gravity made it stick to her hair when I checked her out the next day.  I should have baked them immediately but held off, and that was my mistake.  On the other hand, it would have been a very vulnerable spot and probably would have cracked off quickly.  As of this posting, they have still not been baked and therefore their faces haven't been drawn.  I will probably do everyone's finishing touches when they've all been baked.

Next up is Marceline and I would like to also make a Jake and Ice King.  I'm also sorta tempted to remake Princess "I like to lean" Bubblegum.

I just love that little backpack!

Face: Coming Soon.

Yep, I'm a leaner.


No comments: