Wednesday, January 18, 2012

More charms!

I'm continuing my quest to learn now to make/get better at making clay charms and figures.  I'm running into a few problems: Controlling the dust that keeps getting into the clay, keeping my fingernails from puncturing everything, keeping colors from mixing, attempting to not be so ham fisted, etc. etc. etc.

Still, here are my latest attempts!

She's supposed to be Ponyo. I haven't decided whether to draw a mouth and/or a nose for her yet.  It might make or break the look, but if I do it and it fails, it's a lot of wasted effort.  So right now she's just like this.


This is a centerpiece for a clip, shown below.


Dreamcicle!


Probably my favorite thing so far.


S'mores!


Freehanding these have been a headache.  I'm going to keep trying to make them so that I can eventually make molds.

No comments: